You are currently browsing the monthly archive for April 2012.
For the last year or so, my husband and I have been involved in building our dream house at the beach. In the process, we’ve been mindful to select eco-friendly building materials and products conscious of low VOC’s. Too often we only care about our organic food and all-natural beauty products, but forget about the importance of our indoor air quality, especially when it comes to our children. If you just put a little extra leg work into your home renovation, you can definately find reasonably priced replacements to unhealthy MDF and Formaldehyde based building products. Here are just a few I thought I would share….
- Eco-Friendly Insulation: Certainteed Greenguard Certified
- Formaldehyde Free Interior Doors: Masonite Safe n’ Sound Emerald Series
- Hardwood Flooring: Listone Giordano
- Wall & Floor Tiles: Nemo Tile Company
- No VOC Paint: Benjamin Moore Natura
- Opt for Real Pine window & door casings instead of ones made from MDF or a glued composite.
It’s never a perfect world…but every little bit helps!